When you adopt a new dog, you want to spoil him with the most stylish, comfortable, and safe products on the market. That’s why it’s only natural to get him leather collars and leashes due to the style, safety, and comfort they deliver. If you’re like most people, you want the pet accessories you buy to outlive your furry companion and remain as a testament to the wonderful moments you spent together. Therefore, you need to take good care of the leather dog collars and leashes with high-quality products to ensure that they are able to withstand the test of time. The good thing is that leather care doesn’t have to be a chore if you follow these easy and simple tips.
Leather Care 101
Cleaning and maintaining leather dog collars and leashes are not complicated tasks. Here are 5 easy steps:
- Gather items – getting the items you need is the first step for a quick and successful cleaning experience. Under normal circumstances, you’ll need water, leather cleaner or soap, a soft brush, sponge or piece of cloth and a leather conditioner.
- Remove any visible dirt – using the soft brush, remove any excess dirt or debris from seams, crevices or crack. Keep in mind that this step is only necessary if the leather product has heavy soiling or ground-in dirt.
- Clean leather –Although more focus goes in here, this is a pretty simple step. You will need to use a damp cloth and a small amount of leather cleaner and work on one section of the leather at a time. When done, use another cloth to wipe off the lather. Remember that the leather cleaner you choose should be a non-toxic, PH-balanced product.
- Allow leather to air dry for 1-2 hours – once the leather product is clean to satisfaction, leave it to dry in a cool place with ample ventilation.
- Apply leather conditioner – after the collar or leash is completely dry, use a sponge applicator or a soft clean piece of clothing to apply the leather conditioner and gracefully stroke the leather collar or leash until it looks polished and absorbed. Keep in mind that it is critical that you apply the right amount of conditioner to prevent it from getting mushy.
What a High-Quality Leather Conditioner Does
Leather dries up, cracks and even breaks if left untreated for a long time. That is why proper conditioning is essential in taking good care of your leather products. At Quality Leather Dog Collars, we highly recommend leather Honey Conditioner, 8 oz. It is hands down the best conditioner on the market with a longstanding cult following in the pet community. Unlike other conditioners, Leather Honey uses a water-repellent formula that is non-sticky, non-solvent, non-toxic and odorless. One treatment with this product can last up to six months.
Shop Pet Accessories at Quality Leather Dog Collars
If you’re looking for high quality pet accessories, Quality Leather Dog Collars is your place. Here you’ll find the assortment of incredibly resilient and weather resistant leather dog collars and leashes to keep your pooch comfortable and looking stylish. In addition, we’ll help you find the best leather conditioner that is designed to make your items last and maintain their beauty for many years.